Login

Register

* Field is required

The Underground Garage: Home / The Radio Show / Archived Shows / Shows 699-600 / Shows 619-610 / Show 613 - New Years!
A+ R A-
Show 613 - New Years!

Show 613 - New Years!

Air Date:

Monday, 30 December 2013

Hey baby, Little Steven here.

This weekend in the Underground Garage we are running down the top 20 Coolest Songs in the World this year, and what a year it has been.

We will be talking about our favorite books, television shows, and movies for your late Christmas or early Valentine’s gifts.

Come take a trip around the world with us as we go from Eugene, Oregon to Milan, Italy, and Los Angeles to Helsinki.

Come find out why Philadelphia is starting to emerge as the American Rock n’ Roll capitol of the world.

It’s the only Rock n’ Roll dance party on the radio.

I’ll see you this weekend in the Underground Garage.

Share This

5.0/5 rating (5 votes)

Comments: 9 Comments

• Playlist:

Set 1

Crawling From The Wreckage (Of A Saturday Night) (Connection)

This Is Our Time (Willie Nile)

Gotta Find A New Love (Trashed Romeos)

Love And Fun (Radio Days)

Ballad Of The Lower East Side (Michael Monroe Band)

Confusion (Charles Bradley)

Set 2

Some Day Soon (Palmyra Delran)

Show Me The Love (Mark Lindsay)

Weekend Girls (Kurt Baker & the Party Animals)

Start Sinning (John & Brittany)

Yo Yo (Doughboys)

Set 3

You Must Be Crazy (Jake Clemons)

Cobblestones/Rolling Stones (Genya Ravan)

The Corner Man (Barrence Whitfield & the Savages)

Send Me A Postcard (Amy Gore & Her Valentines)

Born To Die (King Khan & the Shrines)

Set 4

Things To Learn (Ricky Byrd)

Hot Rocks (Launderettes)

Like Nothing That You’ve Seen (Mark Lindsay)

Ride On Baby (Twylight Zones)

Baby I’ll Trust You When You’re Dead (Woggles)

Cold Cold Hearts (Launderettes)

High Hopes (Bruce Springsteen)

Set 5

We Are The Monsters (Contrast)

Any Weather (Joan Jett & the Blackhearts)

Sucker For Love (Bayonets)

Love Like Voodoo (Soraia)

As Tears Go By (Andrew Loog Oldham Orchestra)

Comments (9)

• Steed Colliss
    01/03/2014

Great show again !!! Too bad the Bayonets' "Smartphone" didn't make it...

Again, my new year's resolution for the Underground Garage is the same as last year:

Put shows 1 to 99 in the archives !!!
    But a million thanks to the administrator for correcting the link for shows 500 to 599 !!!

• greggie434
      03/18/2014

Steed I 2ND that emotionally! I think I have shows 8 to 99 on cassette in my underground rec room!!!!!!

• rivardm
    01/05/2014

Great Top 20 list and then some. My personal top 3 - Clemons, Lindsay (Like Nothing) and John & Brittany. Great job at wrapping up the year Steven...you may want to expand the viewing beyond the scope of msnbc though. Things get a little biased and mean on that channel. No doubt movie of the year, Not Fade Away...RIP James!

Peace & Happy New Year! - Big Mike in Detroit - GO SPARTANS!

• jcjohnson63
    01/05/2014

love it! but MY CHOICE DID NOT MAKE THE TOP TWENTY!!!! oh well, too many choices i suppose. happy new year!

• Chris Dougherty
    01/06/2014

Strong collection for sure. I like Charles Bradley and the Launderettes have a great sound.

• Chris Dougherty
    01/06/2014

Strong collection for sure. I like Charles Bradley and the Launderettes have a great sound.

• Robert P Smarse Jr.
    01/07/2014

LOTZA good tunes. Of course, my fav, Baby Woodrose didn't make it but my #2, King Khan & The Shrines, with Born To Die, did! Also, good to see Yo Yo and Genya Ravan's Cobblestones/Rolling Stones in there. How in the world did Andrew Loog Oldham's version of As Tears Go By get in there. A dreadful butchering of a truly beautiful song! Still, overall, living, sounding proof that Rock N' Roll still lives. Reviews shall begin again with show # 614, as long as my software holds up. Pax Em Biscum! EEYAHH! SMRZ!

• greggie434
      03/18/2014

SMRZ i love ya pal,, BUT, Andrews wersion is awsome man. And remember, Philadelphia is emerging as the Rock & Roll Capitol of the world!!!!

• Ron Lynch
    01/12/2014

5 cool ones of the cool ones. This Is Our Time (Willie Nile), Show Me The Love (Mark Lindsay), You Must Be Crazy (Jake Clemons), High Hopes (Bruce Springsteen) & Any Weather (Joan Jett & the Blackhearts).
    Thanks Stevie, Keep on Rockin.

Leave a comment

Please login to leave a comment.